Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Site-specific art process PT.1




When I mention to possible clients that I do site-specific work more times than not they don't know what I'm talking about. So, I have decided to document the process right here with a current client.

Once I have obtained a client that knows they want a piece and where they want it, I first photograph the space. Taking particular note of personal styles, design layout, and colors. This might be the only time I see the space.

The first part to be determined before a price can be figured is the size. I do a series of sizes superimposed over the photos I took. This gives the client an idea of what the space will feel like once the piece is hung. Once that is determined then a price can be agreed upon with the client. In this case the client already had an idea what size they wanted. So it is easy to figure the specific size.


No comments:

Post a Comment