Thursday, July 16, 2009

old sketchbook stuff

What do you do in your sketchbook. In short whatever you want! I know so many people who have sketchbooks with nothing in them. I dont know what to put in there is something I hear often. Its not a mystery. Its an adventure. I got about 14 sketch books that I have done over the years. I treasure them more than anything I own. I could care less for finished paintings. I had a show I did back in 2000 in Savannah. As an experiment I put a few sketchbooks out for sell. They were considerably less than the paintings no one even looked at them. That right there illustrates how ignorant the art community is on a whole. They know nothing of art. Nor the process. I guess it would be hard to put the book on the wall? Or maybe it did not go with the couch?
the word of siegenthaler
enjoy these old sketchbook pieces.






No comments:

Post a Comment